After School Bus Run Lists
If you manage a before and after school program or provide transportation for your child care center, daycare or preschool you’ll likely need to generate a list of children who ride each bus or van, otherwise known as a bus run list or bus roster.
In this article we’ll explain how Procare Software® may be used to keep track of which children ride each bus and to easily generate bus run lists. You may also be interested in a previous article offering Free, Printable Bus Run Sheets.
Track the Bus or School Name
You’ll begin by creating “Tracking” categories for each bus or school. For example you might name a tracking item “Lincoln School: AM Bus” or “Ms Green’s Bus” or “Bus 235”, etc.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Data Management > Tracking Items & User Defined Fields.
- Dbl-click either Global Tracking Items or Local Tracking Items.
- Click the Child tab at the top.
- Add a new Tracking Group Name like “Transportation” and choose “Multi Item” (since a child might be assigned to more than one bus).
- Within the group add new Item Names like “Lincoln School: AM Bus”, etc. If there is a maximum number of children who may ride that bus enter a number for the Usage Limit.
- Click Save > Exit.
Assign the Bus to Each Child
- Click the Tracking icon on the Child’s Toolbar.
- Check off the Tracking Items (bus runs) that apply to this child.
- Click Save > Exit.
Print a Bus Run Report
Now you’re ready to generate a list of all children on each bus.
- Go to Reports > Family Data > Tracking.
- Choose one of the pickup and deliver reports like Child: Pickup/Deliver – Weekly 5 Day.
- Select “Transportation” as your Tracking Category.
- Choose a Date Range so that only actively enrolled children are included.
- Click Run Report.
Here’s wishing you continued success with your after school programs and until next time, cheers!
P.S. You may also like to Follow Me on Twitter.
If you have questions or comments about this article (or suggestions for another article) I’d be pleased to hear from you. Drop me at note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.